Have you wondered how you could use the wealth of information on the web to supplement the Amazon shopping experience. Are you passionate about developing Amazon-scale data-processing systems and algorithms to solve a variety of Information Retrieval, text Analysis and Data Mining problems. Come be part of the team that is bringing the best of Wikipedia content onto Amazon.com
Amazon.com's External Content Team is looking for exceptional software engineers who want to work on incredibly complex problems and come up with solutions that will change the world. As a member of the team, you will have a great opportunity to build platform level features and systems for integrating with authoritative content like Wikipedia, IMDB, DPReview, etc, extracting semantic information and mapping them to products on Amazon.com. In this role, you will be driving the analytics and mining of content so that we can surface them in the most relevant way on the site as well as build algorithms to match Amazon destinations (e.g. products, entities, search queries) to the content.
We are a highly-motivated, co-operative and fun loving team who thrive on solving challenging problems with innovation. As part of this team you will be analyzing data, developing new algorithms, building large-scale distributed software systems in Java using open source technologies such as Hadoop, Lucene and JBoss and other Amazon.com proprietary technologies.
- 4+ years industry experience.
- Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and OS security fundamentals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field.
- Experience with Semantic Web, web indexing systems, crowdsourcing and text data mining and analysis is highly desired. Apply Here
- Experience with scalable distributed systems is a positive.
- Linux experience preferred.
- Candidates must be self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and be team players.
- Be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we're agile (e.g. Scrum) and deliver value incrementally and frequently.